One of the most common kidney conditions is nephrolithiasis (also commonly known as kidney stones). It is an extremely painful experience. Men have a greater risk than women in developing kidney stones – around 4 times as many. 1 out of 10 people will develop kidney stones in his/her lifetime.
What are the risk factors for developing kidney stones?
- Not drinking enough water daily
- Eating diet high in protein and salt
- Being obese
- Holding in urine
How to prevent from getting kidney stones?
- Keep yourself well hydrated with water. Drink about 2 Litres (about 8 glasses) of pure water daily. A portable water filtration system like Puritii can help you drink pure water any time anywhere.
- Obtain enough calcium. Low calcium intake can increase the risk of kidney stones
- Reduce salt (sodium) in your diet. High sodium diet can trigger kidney stones
- Cut down animal protein intake. (e.g. meat)
- Avoid drinking soda
- Avoid eating stone-forming foods:
Supplements that help to reduce the risk of getting kidney stones:
- helps to prevent calcium from binding with oxalate to form stone
- Help to prevent kidney stones
- Helps to alkalinize our body to prevent uric acid causes damage to kidneys
- helps to alkalinize our body and maintain a balanced pH. This also helps to prevent kidney stones.
Be proactive to protect your kidney today!